Creating wholesome Valentine’s Day Memories
Whether you enjoy Valentine’s Day or not, children are bombarded by Valentine’s Day cards, candies, and activities for a few days every year. Whether at school, at extra-curricular activities, or on television, our children are introduced to notions of romantic love throughout the year. This year, I searched the internet to bring you a collection of heartwarming activities that put the focus on Jesus, the ultimate source of unconditional love.
The collection includes crafts, printables and object lessons that I found particularly enjoyable and mission-driven. My objective is not to vilify Valentine’s, on the contrary. Creating lasting memories with our children and guiding them, from an early age, to an understanding of what Love means from a Christian perspective, is my ultimate goal.
Love should not be reduced to one definition. We should encourage our children to experience what Love is all about by having meaningful conversations about the subject, from an early age, before they acquire that knowledge elsewhere. The focus should be on Biblical commandments to love our neighbours as ourselves, to love our enemies, to love those who are difficult to love because only then can they begin to understand what true love is all about.
An excellent place to start would be with the following 4 verses
“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” 1 Peter 4:8
“My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:12
“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13
“No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.” 1 John 4:12
I wish you and your families a happy and memorable Valentine’s day in God’s love!
And now, for the treasures I found!
- Delightful and easy craft with simple instructions but a beautiful final result: Heart Peacock Craft That Teaches True Love
- Who said Valentine’s cards are only for couples? Encourage your child to write Valentine’s card for Jesus instead: Valentine’s For Jesus
- Another adorable and easy craft to highlight the source of pure Love: Owl Valentine Printable
- A chance to explore Bible Verses while enjoying this beautiful craft: Scripture Flowers
- This. Is. An. EXCELLENT hands-on activity! If you don’t try another activity, take the time to check this one! Valentine Lesson about God’s Love
- A great activity to jump-start a conversation about what Love is and is NOT: What is Perfect Love?
Other posts you might enjoy: Indoor Family Activities to Beat the Winter Blues
Like this post? Please share it using these icons listed below:
Get your copy today- Browse our entire book collection by clicking on this link:
Please note this post may contain affiliate links and ads, read my full disclosure here.